An exciting calendar of activities is planned annually, which is run by the parents themselves, some of whom are members of the PFA Committee which meet monthly. The staff and directors, along with friends of the school, also get fully involved!
Being part of this great group of people can be fun and we really do have a laugh! We don’t hold you to coming to meetings, or for your help, but just appreciate any time you have.
Chair: Maria Scrivener
Vice Chair : Tanya Pardoe
Treasurer : Denise Pearce
Secretary : Lauren Hall & Kim Naraghi
NEXT MEETING: Monday 19th November 7pm in The School Studio
The meeting will look to welcome new faces, catch up with old and plan for the 2018/19 school year. New and fresh ideas always appreciated!
- Movie night – Thurs 29th November ‘The Greatest Showman’
- Christmas Fayre – Friday 14th December
If you are able to help with any of the above events or have any ideas you would like to put forward please let a member of the PFA or the ladies in the school office know. Your help and support is welcomed and greatly appreciated.
2018 was another busy year, and saw us raise enough money to provide new rubber bark chippings for the adventure playground, 4 new benches for the school swimming pool changing rooms, new equipment for the KS2 playground, and even 2 guinea-pigs for Reception and KS1, as well as more low-key items such as books and toys for all years.
We did a number of movie nights, discos and the Christmas and Summer Fayres. The summer fayre this year raised it’s most to date of £4026! We also sold teas/coffees and cakes at the sports days, and ice-creams on Fridays after school.
2015-2016 academic year was a huge year for the PFA – all monies raised went to the SOS fundraising appeal. ‘Save Our Swimming Pool’. Together the pupils, parents, carers, staff and PFA raised over £30k in order for a complete renovation of the pool.
With your support over the last few years the PFA has funded and/or made major contributions towards a variety of items for the school and it’s pupils, including:
- Financed the reception outdoor learning area
- Helped to finance the Marvellous Me App
- Helped to finance the internet system/technology available within classrooms
- A deeper swimming pool through SOS fundraising appeal with the whole school
- Shelters for sports and other outdoor events
- Field regeneration and a Multi Use Games Area (Muga)
- Providing a new Hippo bin for KS1 playground
- Providing monies towards pupil badges (Choir, Orchestra, Y6 job roles)
- Subsidised Y3 & Y4 Planetarium visit
- Resources for the new Y6 Government Maths and English tests and SAT preparation
- Subsidised 2 Key Stage performances- Frog Prince and Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe
- Providing monies as requested for new and current topic books supporting age appropriate reading for those not reading at the reading level of their age. (total to date £2250)
- Purchase of TWO school mini buses (and ongoing running expenses annually)
- Television and DVD player combination unit
- Individual classroom digital cameras
- Web cameras
- Reception year TUFF cameras
- New play kitchen for reception year
- Licenses for new Maths Sphere programmes
- Religious Education resources
- Year 4 reading books
- Visit from the mobile Planetarium
- Year 6 leavers events
- Gymnastic crash mats
- Modular staging system
- Audio Equipment
- Electricity supply to the field
- Nessy Learning Programme
A new PFA Newsletter is in the pipeline, so keep an eye out for it toward the end of term, which will give you a more detailed update on all our money raised, and where it was spent.
How Do I Get Involved? …………….
We are always keenly looking for more parents to come along to our meetings to share ideas and to help out at events. Please either come along to our next meeting or leave your name and best number to contact you on at the school reception for our attention, thank you.
We really hope to see you soon and take this opportunity to leave you with this thought;
Everything the PFA does is for Moordown St John’s children – your children – and the school!