Should your child be unable to attend school for any reason, you are requested to telephone the school office on 01202 527683 before 08:30 on the first day of absence (a dedicated 24 hour absence reporting extension is available for this purpose) or send a text to 07860 030292. If we are not informed why your child is absent it will be unauthorised.

Diarrhoea and Vomiting

If your child has had sickness or diarrhoea they must stay at home until at least 48 hours after the last episode to prevent spreading any infection to others. Advice taken from NHS Diarrhoea and Sickness page

Swimming following an episode of diarrhoea

To help minimise the spread of infection and maintain the quality and hygiene of our swimming pool water, children are not permitted to swim for 2 weeks following an episode of diarrhoea.

Please click on the following link for the guidelines we follow with regards to contagious illnesses and how long your child should be kept home from school.

Guidance Relating to Illness


If your child has symptoms of COVID
The new guidance combines symptoms of COVID with other respiratory illnesses, to include shortness of breath, feeling sick and a sore throat. Essentially, if your child has a temperature, cough or is feeling generally unwell, they should remain at home as they would have done pre-COVID. There is no longer a requirement to do a COVID test. Your child should return when their temperature has returned to normal and they are well enough to come in.

If your child is confirmed positive for COVID
In the case where you have sought a test for your child and this returns as positive, the guidance is now for them to remain at home for 3 days after the test was taken, and only return to school after this if their temperature is normal and they feel well enough to do so.

The full government guidance can be found here:

Medicine Form

If your child needs to have any kind of medicine administered to them during the school day you must clearly label the bottle with your child’s name and class, then hand it into the school office with a signed consent form that can be downloaded from here:
Parent/Carer Consent form for the administration of medicine/treatment