All children in Years R, 1 and 2 are entitled to FREE Hot School Meals under the Universal Infant Free School Meal Initiative (UIFSMI)
In addition, the Government’s Pupil Premium initiative enables us to receive £1320 per pupil for those families who meet the Income-Based Free School Meal eligibility criteria below:
- Income Support
- JSA. Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance.
- ESA. Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, but only if your not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have a yearly income of less than £16,190 before tax and any other deductions
- Working Tax Credit ‘Run On’ – the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit. You will need the National Insurance Number for you and your partner, the name and date of birth of your child and the name of the school.
If you are entitled to Working Tax Credit you will NOT be eligible for Income-Based Free School Meals.
Families who meet the criteria above can claim Income-Based Free School Meals for their children irrespective of which school year they are in and may also be able to claim a grant towards the cost of school uniform. Income-based Free School Meal pupils are also entitled to a free carton of milk each day.
The Pupil Premium funds valuable support for our school such as extra tuition and extra help for your child. We therefore encourage all eligible families to apply for Income-based Free School Meals, even if your child is in Years R – 2 and so receiving Universal Infant Free School Meals. Please help us to receive as much funding as possible by registering if you qualify. Thank you.
How to apply for Income-Based Free School Meals
Apply Online for Income-Based Free School Meals
Download an Income-Based Free School Meal Application Form
Apply by phone to Customer Services Bournemouth Borough Council 01202 456223.
Download the Clothing Grant Policy and Application Form.
Families that are not eligible for free meals may order a hot school lunch at a cost of £2.20 per child, per day.